On April 26 1917, the Warrnambool RSL became one of the first in regional Victoria when the old fire station half a block down Liebig St became the meeting place. By 1972 there was a move into a pre-existing building on this site. As the work of the RSL grew so did the need for more space, so the building was renovated and extended in 2016. In the foyer there are displays which change regularly.
The glass doors on the left lead to the bistro area where a combination of temporary and permanent photographs and art works are displayed on the walls.
To move to the next station, leave the RSL and cross the road at the roundabout, then walk 50 metres down the hill to Gilles Street. Turn right and cross the road to stand in front of the former police buildings. Move to the courtyard next to the old police station to find the final stop on the trail.